Monday, February 10, 2014

Swatch: Essie "Find Me an Oasis"




From the Essie 2014 Resort Fling collection, I got my hands on soft blue, #857 Find Me an Oasis.  It caught my eye when the preview pictures first released, and I immediately scooped it up when I saw the display case at CVS.




Described by Essie as a "refreshing, ice blue."
Cool waters. glittering beaches. This refreshing ice blue is everything you need to quench your thirst for paradise.

After 3 coats, the color popped against my skin.  In a season of warm nudes, this pale blue is truly a refreshing contrast to all the tans and taupes.

Application was a nightmare, however.  I somewhat got the color to even by 3 coats, but it still looked streaky and uneven.  Some fingers got bubbles when it dried.

Essie polishes are hit or miss with me.  "Find Me an Oasis" is no exception.  But despite the application issues, I do adore this polish.  The color is gorgeous on, and a nice polish to wear while transitioning from winter to spring.  I can't wait to pick up the others in the line.



Essie retails at $8.50 and 3 Free (DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde free).

No comments:

Post a Comment