Sunday, April 13, 2014

Anniversary Nails! Finger Paints Crystalline Crush Swatch

Happy One-Year Anniversary to my boyfriend and me!

I'll be up in Tampa visiting and eating yummy foods.  I decided to go with a simple manicure for the weekend, using "Crystalline Crush" from the Finger Paints Shredded Chrome Collection.  I am a sucker for rose gold polishes, and while I'm not sure if Finger Paints was going for a textured look, I just picked one of these up for fun at my local Sally Beauty Supply store during its 3-day BOGO Free nail polish deal.

Application was easy, although the formula is a bit gloopy.  I reached full opacity in two coats.  I could have added a third coat, but the polish was starting to feel a bit heavy on my nails.  "Shredded" chrome is a bit of an understatement, as when it dried, the polish was scratchy during wear.  But the color is lovely and shiny without a top coat!

Finger Paints "Crystalline Crush"

Finger Paints "Crystalline Crush"

Wear time was not ideal; the polish started chipping about 2 days after application.

It's not the most unique of gold polishes, and there are very clear flaws with Finger Paints execution.  But it was worth a shot to try during the Sally Deal... AND it ended up matching the beautiful gift my boyfriend gave me.  He knows me so well.

Rose gold FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment