Thursday, January 23, 2014

Galaxy Nail Art Tutorial



Nail art doesn't have to be as intimidating as it may seem.  My first venture into nail art was a galaxy print, using this exact tutorial.  I'm a huge fan of galaxy prints, and this is a great beginner's project because galaxy nails can be as abstract and imaginative as the painter wants it to be.  There is no wrong way to put the universe at your fingertips!

Tools you will need:
  • A makeup sponge to dab polish
  • Toothpicks to add finishing dots and clean nail edges
  • Vaseline to line your nail beds for easy clean up
  • Q-tips or paper towels to wipe away excess polish
  • Different nail polish colors: at least a dark base, white for "stars", and a galaxy color

Tutorial video:


My attempt at galaxy nails



And this painting technique doesn't stop at just finger nails!  I used the game process to personalize canvas shoes for my boyfriend and me!

Get creative and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment