Thursday, May 8, 2014

May Sally Beauty Special: China Glaze Clearance Polishes are Buy 1, Get 2 Free!

Two days ago, I got a wonderful email from Sally Beauty Stores about an awesome clearance they're having: Buy any China Glaze nail polish that is on sale, and you get TWO FREE!


The clearance polishes are any of the bottles with the big red sticker on it.  At Sally's, they are usually found at the bottom of the polish shelves at the front of the store, on the shelves by the nail supplies (files, remover, top coats, etc) or in the way back of the store.

Clearance stock varies from store to store, so I suggest hitting up your local Sally's as soon as possible!  The deal ends on Monday, May 19.

I lucked out and decided to try a remote Sally's Beauty store that I didn't believe that many people frequented.  I hit a jackpot of a huge rack of clearance China Glaze, and decided to choose some of the textured polishes that I wasn't very interested in when they first came out.  (And you all know my opinion about textured polishes...)


I nabbed "Teal the Tide Turns" from the 2014 Sea Goddess collection, "Wrinkling the Sheets" from the 2014 Crinkled Chrome collection, and "Boo-gie Down" from the 2013 Halloween collection.... all for $3.29!!!

Just show the advertisement picture when you're ready to check out, and the cashier will enter the discount code for your deal.  It is limited to 1 per customer during your visit, so make your choices count!

Swatches of the two polishes are after the jump:
After I bought my polishes, my dear friend and makeup artist Sandy, of Sand Muffin Makeup, agreed to model the Crinkled Chrome polish for me.


China Glaze "'Wrinkling the Sheets"

China Glaze "'Wrinkling the Sheets"

China Glaze "'Wrinkling the Sheets"

The Crinkled Chrome was such a wonderful surprise for me!  I love chrome polishes, and this is truly chrome and opaque in one coat.  It's not so much a textured polish than it has some glitter pieces in it and provides a texture when dry.  It dries pretty shiny, and not flat, as some other matte/chrome polishes tend to do.  I'm going to try to find more of these polishes at other Sally's during the clearance.

I swatched "Teal the Tide Turns" on my own hands.

China Glaze "Teal the Tide Turns"

China Glaze "Teal the Tide Turns"

My opinion on "Teal the Tide Turns" fared better than her sister polish in the Sea Goddess collection Sand Dolla Makes You Holla, which I previously reviewed.

This sea foam textured polish dries to a grainy, sand-like feel.  It took three coats to reach opacity, which it dries to a lovely teal color.  The problem with so many coats is that the glitters packed in this polish tend to get covered up and lost when it dries.  

I wasn't in love with this collection when it first debuted, and even after an incredible sale, I'm still not impressed with textured polishes.  But at ~$1, I think it's a great buy.

You have until May 19th to find those clearance China Glaze polishes, so get to your nearest Sally Beauty Store while they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment