Monday, March 24, 2014

Butter London Spring 2014 Boho Rock Collection - "GOSS" Swatch

As I had wanted, I picked up Butter London's "Goss" at my local Ulta Beauty Store during their 21 Days of Beauty Steals sale.



Described on the Butter London site as:
An opaque, rosy shimmer. An informal abbreviation for gossip reserved for the most talented of gossipmongers.
Goss is a rose-gold polish with a foil finish.  It's application is as difficult to apply as the polish is beautiful.  Every brush stroke can be seen if you apply with an uneven hand, but the color payout and overall look is worth the effort.

 Butter London "Goss"

I am a huge fan of rose gold anything and everything.  The warm pink tone is super complimentary to my skin tone.  In the light, the pink color really pops, and it cools to a deep gold in the shade.  Dry time is faster than regular polish and dries very matte due to its foil finish.

I applied two coats of polish to get full coverage, but you can reach full opacity with one generous coat.

I do suggest adding a top coat if your hands are very active during the day.  I swatched two fingers right after I bought this beauty and went to work, where I wash my hands frequently.  After a six hour shift, there was significant chipping.  A top coat will dramatically increase wear time, and it will add an extra layer of shine.  I used Butter London's Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat, and I am currently running on four days without any major chipping. 

This is one of the more unique finishes in the Spring 2014 Boho Rock Collection, as well as out of all my Butter London polishes.  I do recommend buying it, if it's not already sold out in stores.  This was the only bottle of "Goss" by the time I nabbed it at the sale.

Butter London nail lacquers retail at $15.
Their formula is 3-free: there is no added formaldehyde, toluene, or DBP.

No comments:

Post a Comment